Tuesday 31 December 2019

Brief end of year report for 2019 of recording in Wexford


2019 was another amazing year for recording in Wexford. Almost 60,000 records were collected during the year. We set out a few aims at the start of the year. One was to make sure all 2564 moands received a visit, this I’m glad to say we achieved. Another was to try and find 100 or more species per monad. At the end of 2018 there were 158 monads, by the end of this year there are just 78 monads with 99 or less species. None of these are ever likely to top the 100 mark, as most are around the border of the county, and are part monads or high up in the Blackstairs Mountains.

The average number of species per monad has also increased by 9 to 167.

The number of species for hectads has continued to increase. T02 which includes Wexford Town still has the largest list of species, reaching 953 this year. The average number of species for the 42 hectads is 658.

Refinds for the county
There have been some exceptional refinds of native species that were thought extinct in the county.  Matthiola sinuata (Sea Stock) had been extinct in Ireland since 1925 was refound on the east coast. On the south coast Cytisus scoparius subsp. maritimus (Prostrate Broom) was refound on Baginbun Head in large numbers, this broom that hugs the ground rather than growing upright was last recorded here in the 1880s by H.C. Hart, and the first county record since the 1960s. Also on the south coast Lathyrus japonicus (Sea Pea) was found on a shingle beach on the Hook, 2nd county record, and first since 1994. It wasn’t just native species that we had luck with, even as late as December Angelica archangelica (Garden Angelica) was refound on the bank of the River Barrow at New Ross, this garden escape last reported here in 1994 by Ro FitzGerald.

 Sea Pea above
 Broom above
 Sea Stock above

New species & hybrids for the county
31 new species and hybrids have been added to the county list in 2019. 6 of these were hybrids. Only 8 out of the 31 were native: Geum x intermedium (Water x Wood Avens) and 7 dandelions. Even though found in 2018, but not named until 2019 was Euphrasia stricta, was the best record as this is a new eyebright for Ireland.













Fun projects
Other fun projects included over the winter months trying to find Stellaria media (Common Chickweed) for as many of the monads as possible. Once you got the hang of what habitat Common Chickweed liked it was reasonably easy to find, well used field gateways, fields resown to grass, and waste ground were the best places to look. Surprisingly hard to find in stubble fields and on road verges.  

5 comments:

  1. I want the world to know a great man that is well known as DR.WEALTHY,he has the perfect solution to relationship issues and marriage problems. The main reason why i went to DR.WEALTHY was for solution on how i can get my husband back because in recent times i have read some testimonies on the internet which some people has written about DR.WEALTHY and i was so pleased and i decided to seek for assistance from him on his email (wealthylovespell@gmail.com) which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my husband which made him to come back to me and beg for forgiveness.I will not stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing. I will drop his contact for the usefulness of those that needs his help.His Email DR.WEALTHY"CONTACT via EMAIL: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348105150446 read blog http://wealthyspellhome.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very grateful to Dr Fayosa the powerful spell caster who brought back my ex husband to me last week, This testimony is an amazing one and my name is Oliver Helen i reside in UK, it all started When I came in contact with this Dr Fayosa through a testimony written about him and I have also encountered many testimonies about how he has been helping others with their life and marriage issues, To get back with an ex is one of the most innermost feelings many people would love to experience especially as those memories with our ex always cloud our mind when someone else does some of those things our ex used to do, I'm a single parent for the past 6 years now and though my ex husband was far away from me and my kids i still wish someday he will return back to me, This spell doctor I encountered known as Dr Fayosa helped me with my wishes and I am happy to say that I am back with my ex husband he came back to me last week Friday and I am super happy sharing this testimony with everyone so that they too can meet this great doctor and solve their problems, don't give up there's is always hope when you meet with the right people, contact Dr Fayosa with (Fayosasolusionhome@gmail.com) or directly on whats-app +2348151918774 thank you so much Dr Fayosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Sheila Lyons, am from Texas, U.S.A, I made a promise to tell others the wonderful work of he who brought my ex Husband back to me. His name is Dr. ORMAN, who is a spell doctor and was able to bring back my ex. My ex left me the very day she meet her friend in my place of which, unknowingly to he, I had nothing to do with he. He grew furious at the very sight of his friend and I was confused if he was initially mad with he.Days into weeks and weeks into months, my ex girlfriend did not speak a word to me as she went away. So I started contemplating on what to do? That was how i contacted Great Dr. ORMAN on the Internet who after some procedures and progress, brought back my ex within 48hrs. Words are not enough to express my feelings of what Dr. ORMAN has done for me. He really lifted a heavy load off my chest. To all those out there, please don't think your situation is too primitive or too hard and complicated for anyone to understand or solve. Contact doctor ORMAN and find joy once again,contact him on; orman.spiritualist3002@gmail.com you can also talk to him
    on +905396060968
    https://ormanspritualist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly cared about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr OKU can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. My family and I are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr OKU. If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his Email: (okutemple@gmail.com) or WhatsApp him (+2348163425519)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW TO JOIN ILLUMINATI CULT TEMPLE Hello everyone, I am one of the Agents sent by the Lord Superior (Grand master) to bring as many of those who are interested in becoming a member of the great Illuminati order, I am a businessman, I own a Construction company, and I also own one of the Big Electronic Appliance shops in one of the country, and my family now lives in the USA, I was once like you, I & my husband was financially down to 1 square meal a day, what kind of life was that to live, I lived in poverty until I saw an opportunity to be a member of the GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD and I took my chances and I have been a member for close to 10 years now. The higher you get the richer you become. Illuminati makes your business grow faster than you can ever imagine,illuminati brings out the talent in you and makes you famous, as you become a member of the Illuminati order you will receive 2,000,000 US DOLLARS instantly in your Bank Account, these and many more other benefits you stand to gain, so if you are interested to be a member contact the official agent now Vs text/call and WhatsApp (+2349018100439) or email (brotherhoodi692@gmail.com) JOIN THE FAMOUS FAMILY TODAY & BECOME RICH POWERFUL, FAMOUS AND LIVE A GOOD LIFE, GOODLUCK.

    ReplyDelete